carlosrcruz

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More April, More Fun...

April has been another great month thankfully. I’m getting more settle in my little apartment in Antigua, and have had a number of people over for drinks and just stopping by. Most people think the apartment is very cozy (another work for small, which it is) and that the location is prime. I really feel very comfortable in my little nest; though I wished the place was bit cheaper (don’t we all wish that about rent or mortgage payments).

On another front, I’ll be leaving my current work, as the year with the Foundation (did one last trip to Honduras and El Salvador this month) is up and I’ll be starting a new job with the CDC on May 7th (based in Guatemala City). Now, I’m very happy to have landed this job as I’ll the working in the HIV & TB area and will have coworkers again (I was working from home for a year, not the most social thing to do); the only problem is that the job is in the city and the commute in the morning and evening should be quite hectic (around 1 ½ hour… not sure yet). I’m thinking of maybe staying with my mom and brother a couple of nights per week, to save on gas money and so that I can sleep in a little longer…

On more exciting news, my dad was in Guatemala for work, we celebrated a number of birthdays, visited my usual bars, and went to Manuel’s wedding… pictures below.

We celebrated Vivi's bday at Estudio 35... quite a bit of wine and beer were had. Jorge, Britt, Carlos, Marcia, Vivi.


Zach, Carlos, Britt, Jorge, and Marcia @ Monoloco... Zach doesn't look that happy, but we tried to cheer him up.

My brother celebrated his 27th bday, so my dad took us out to Tanooshi for some great sushi and Japanese beer. It was really nice to see my dad again; I hadn't seen him since Xmas.


Britt and I for the wedding (don't I look very James Bondish?). One of my best high school friends, Manuel, got married on April 12th. Manuel and Josely know each other from HS, but didn't start dating till about 2 years ago. I was honored when they asked me to be one of the groomsmen.


High School friends! Here we have: Chino, Carlos, Manuel (groom), Estuardo, Juan Fernando.

As it's customary at Guatemalan weddings, plastic hats and leis were handed out to liven the atmosphere. Juanfer, Julie, Estuardo, Britt, and your host. I wanted to stay later, but we had our Flag Football playoff game the next morning (we lost, but we at least had a major improvement over last year).


Sports wise, Bosox are doing very well, leading the AL East as always. Celtics are in the playoffs, and Arsenal unfortunately got eliminated from the Champions league.

Hope everybody is doing well... abrazos pa' todos.
CRCP

Top Ten Ways George W. Bush Can Improve His Approval Rating
10. Fewer embarrassing gaffes, more humiliating blunders
9. Replace "Hail To The Chief" with Black Sabbath's "Iron Man"
8. Send FEMA to rebuild Knicks
7. Change name to Barack W. Obusha
6. Show America you're not some stiff workaholic by blowing off work sometimes
5. Only allow himself to be seen in pajamas like Hef
4. Release detailed program outlining how he'll do better in his third term
3. Erase deficit by going on "Deal or No Deal," finding briefcase containing 311 billion dollars
2. Ask father for tips on how he achieved his 31% approval rating
1. Hide Cheney's medication

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home