carlosrcruz

Thursday, April 10, 2008

April, April, April...

March is done! Wow, this month really flew bye, and you can tell I’ve been busier than usual due to my lack of posts, sorry for that! March was chaotic with birthdays, Easter, vacation time, March Madness, and barhopping… some pics to describe the events.


So Britt celebrated her quarter century on March 11th, Felicidades babe!!! We went to the city for a Japanese lunch (she adores sushi), came back to Antigua to have cakes (yes cakes), and ended the night at Monoloco. Here we have: Sam, Britt, Pamela, Lourdes, Carlos, and Charlie.


So for Easter I had plans tentative plans to go to Dominican Republic (with my sister and her family) or maybe Coban (with Bob and friends). In the end, due to work and lack of motivation, I decided to stay in Antigua for Easter and have small day trips.

Went up to Earthlodge and stayed overnight in a tree house. It had an amazing view, but at night, I barely got any sleep as I thought the tree house was gonna blow over (the wind was extremely strong). Britt admiring the view…


We did a small hike (25 min) from Earthlodge to this viewpoint… yeah!


Britt, Carlos, Karyn, and William. Easter Thursday we went to Nokiate with Karyn! She’s here visiting from the US for about 4 weeks… good luck with school in NYC Ms. Singer!


Easter is huge here in Guatemala, as there are processions all over the country. The most popular processions are in Guatemala City and in Antigua. With Antigua being so small, all the processions really make this small city chaotic. Each day reflects different bible events of Easter…

Here we have a view of an “alfombra” with the Agua volcano in the background.


The cucuruchos carrying the procession. This particular procession is of JC carrying the cross before his crucifixion.


Procession even happen at night (around midnight)… My car almost got towed one morning because I was parked in a “procession zone”.

Finally, at the end of March our friend Tom was leaving to go back to the US, so we had a little barhopping outing. We ended up going to 8 bars in Antigua, which is a good number, but we had originally planned to go to 12.


Here we have Adam, las primas, Carlos, and Lourdes @ Monoloco.



Charlie, Britt, Carlos, and Bob @ Ricky’s.


The bar hopping peeps @ Reds.

Everybody at Kafka… our last stop! I did invite people over for a last drink at my place… yeah!

Work is moving along, as I’ve been with the Foundation for a year now. The original thought was that it was going to last a year, so we’ll see what happens. Friends and family are doing extremely well, with us attending a bunch of events for Manuel and Josely who are getting married on April 12th.

Play ball! Another season of baseball has started, which is quite exciting. Boys of summer are here and I can’t wait to see how the Bosox do this year. As far as other things, my March Madness picks didn’t go that well, as I had UCLA winning the whole enchilada. Arsenal was doing well in the EPL and Champions League, but both seem to be out of reach now.

Abrazos para todos,
CRCP

P.S. - Feliz cumple Chofo! My younger bro celebrated his bday on the 9th...
P.S. II - My dad is here visiting! Some CDs he brought and other that I’ve bought lately: Kanye West’s Graduation, Matchbox 20 Greatest Hits, Kenna, Grammys 08, Britt Awards 08, and the new Jack Johnson.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home