carlosrcruz

Monday, March 03, 2008

Say goodbye to love....

What’s going on people? Hope everybody had a great month of February, with Valentine’s Day, leap day, and everything in between. I have a lot of pics this time, thanks to Charlie bringing his camera to various events, so here’s what’s been going on in my life.

One of the amazing things about living in Antigua... All the stunning church ruins.

Britt and your host for Valentine’s Day: We went to this place called La Matilde for dinner, where we had high Guatemalan cuisine, some rum & champagne, and some amazing dessert (no pun intended). Afterwards, met some friends for a quick drink at Monoloco before calling it a night…

At Reds, enjoying a few drinks… Pamelita, Charlie, CRCP, Britt, and Derek.

The usual suspects at Monoloco… I think I look pretty sexy in this pic!

So we’ve been talking of climbing Ipala, a volcano in Jutiapa, for the longest time. The cool thing about this volcano, besides the fact that the hike up is not that bad (Altitud: 1,650 mts or 5415 ft) and takes about 40 minutes, is that the crater has a lake inside of it… no kidding! Some pics from our little day trip...


Here we are… man, was it freaking hot on the way up!


We all made it to the top... here we are at a look out point (lake Ipala in the background). Carlos, Charlie, Britt, Lourdes and Bob. Man, was I getting a beating from the sun that day (I had a Flag Football game before this, so I had already been exposed to the sunrays for about 2 hours before the volcano hike).


Cooling off in the lake after the long day... yeah baby, another volcano! By the way, the water was a lot colder than what we had anticipated... Carlos, Charlie, Britt, and Bobby.


I guess we were not the only ones feeling a bit hot... come on in everybody!


At Ricky's, taking it easy on a Friday evening...


We organized a little BBQ at Florencia... Played ultimate frisbee, a bit of soccer, played catch (of course) and enjoyed some carne asada, hot dogs, and beer. Bob is wearing my undershirt by the way...


So now that I have CBS again, I'm able to enjoy one of my favorite shows: The Late Show with David Letterman. Part of the reason I love watching the Late Show, is that I get to listen to really good new music every once in awhile. Here's a clip of the show from last week, when Kenna performed "Say Goodbye to Love", great song!!! Hopefully getting the CD next month...



Hasta la proxima y abrazos,
CRCP

P.S. We are curently 3 - 1 in our Flag Football league, as we lost our last game by one point and in the last play of the game (we couldn’t convert the point extra… fudge!) One more win and we're in the playoffs baby!
P.S. II - Finally saw the Bourne Ultimatum and Trade, both high quality flicks.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home